Saturday 21 March 2009

My Soap Posts

They may only be fiction but I, like many, am a huge fan of soap operas, you could call me a soap super fan. This is why I decided to do weekly posts on the soaps on British TV. My first plan was to write about all the soaps but in recent months I have found myself gradually losing interest in Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.


I have never been huge fans of Emmerdale and Coronation Street but I now do not watch them on a regular basis, I dip in and out when a character or storyline interests me. Over recent years I have been a huge fan of Hollyoaks. I found the show is more light hearted than other soaps, but it covers topical anbd serious issues (one of my favourite storylines being Hannah's battle with an eating disorder). But recently I have found the show unappealing, the characters and storylines failing to catch my attention.


This is why, for the moment, by blog posts will be based mostly around EastEnders. I have watched EE since I was a child, I have grown up around the show. Even though it has gone through some tough spells in recent years it is the one soap that I watch religiously. I must admit that watching EE is the main part of my evenings on the days it is shown (along with sleeping and eating obviously!).

(Picture from BBC)


I am planning to post after every week, offering my views as a fan of soaps and more specifically EastEnders (and I plan to try really hard to keep posting every week!).

1 comment:

Sonjahaha said...

Same for me, EE has been and is my life. Can't wait to see the all-revealed episode...